Search This Blog

Saturday, 5 September 2026

A Foreign Affair

 The Marlene Dietrich confusion

My lady friend in Oxfordshire

                                                                        Movie Nights

This Marlene Dietrich movie is about US troops running a black market in Germany,  and fratenizing after WW2. Fratenizing with the "enemy" happens all the time, I knew a man when I was in the Royal Air Force, who married a lady from Ireland, at the time the UK was being terrorised by the IRA.
I knew a sargeant, who married a lady from Malta, and one of my friends in Bristol Museum married a young lady from Korea.
I didn't realise this is the second film I have seen Jean Arthur in, she was also in "The Canary Murder case," with William Powell, and Louise Brooks.
I have had two affairs with foreign ladies, in 2009, I had a relationship with a lady from Canada, she died that year. Two months ago, I began my relationship with my friend, Svitlana, who is from the Ukraine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive