Happy Anniversary
Where would I choose?
Our plan fort the honeymoon was to treat my stepson to some trips during the first week of the holiday, then we would have the second week to ourselves in Scarborough.
However, things didn't go to plan. On the Monday after we were married, we took him to Bristol Zoo, the day started drizzly, but we hoped it would clear. By 1:00, it was clear the rain was not going to go, so we returned home to Easton.
I was soaked throgh, and sneezing, that night, I went down with pneumonia, and pleurisy. I was so bad the doctor wanted me to go to hospital, but my wife looked after me.
When I was in the Royal Air Force, I was on a course with a young lady of 29, who was a widow. I thought how awful to be a widow so young. Years later, that was almost the case for my wife, as I was at death's door for two weeks.


No comments:
Post a Comment