Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
My Blonde Bombshell
It may appear I have a "thing" for blonde actresses, that is not true. Two of the ladies I consider most attractive in Hollywood, were not blondes, Jane Russell, and Ava Gardner. Then you have Myrna Loy, who was a bit like Kay Francis, beautiful to look at, and dress, but a lightweight actress, unlike Jean Harlow, Marlene Dietrich , or Mae West. Other non-blondes I enjoy watching include Gina Lollobigida, Paulette Goddard, Carolyn Jones, and Dame Diana Rigg to name a few.
I didn't mention Marilyn Munroe as I have no opinion either way. She was attractive, but I didn't like her films. I didn't mention Brigette Bardot as I didn't enjoy har films, other than Viva Maria with Jeanne Moreau, I watched the film for Jeanne, more than than Brigette, For me, BB got more attractive as she aged, and the attention was on her, not her breasts. I didn't mention Sophia Loren, there are few men who don't consider her a beauty, even now.
Some people class Audrey Hepburn and Claudia Cardinale as attractive, as they say "beauty is in the eye of the beholder." I class both as unattractive, and lightweight in acting. Claudia almost caused a film to be shut down - The red tent - there are othes ladies, my list is endless, and the debate over beauty is NEVER ended.
One blonde I can end on is Mamie van Doren, I can only say I heard her name in passing, without using Google, I cannot name a film she was in.

No comments:
Post a Comment