Search This Blog

Monday, 20 July 2026

A vexing issue

 Blonde Bombshell

Jean Harlow
This morning, I had a mystery to solve. I was trying to think of the name of the blonde actress I was watching on dvd last night, for an hour her name escaped me.
I thought it was either Carole Lombard, or Lana Turner. It could have been Carole as I have seen, and enjoyed several of her films, I wish to see Lana's films, though I haven't seen any yet. I knew it couldn't be Jayne Mansfield, as I haven't seen, nor wish to see her.
The lady in question is Jean Harlow.
All the ladies died tragically, Jean was poisoned, Jean promoted at the "Blonde Bombshell," was a natural redhead, the chemicals used to dye her hair resulted in kidney failure. Carole died in a plane crash on her way to her husband, Clark Gable, worried he was having an affair with Lana Turner, something both denied. Lana was involved in an infamous murder case, the resolution of which is debated to this day. Jayne died in a car crash being trapped under sheets of glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive