Shanghai Express
Film Noir evenings
I'll end the day with the Film Noir, Murder my Sweet starring Dick Powell, Claire Trevor, and Anne Shirley. The film was later released as The Big Sleep
I didn't see a film last night (16th July), so I will see the fim tonight. The Glass Key featuring Alan Ladd, and Veronica Lake.
After the drama of last night, I think my film for tonight will be Man of the World, with Carole Lombard, and William Powell.
They were married not long after this film came otu, though thier marriage lasted only two years, they remained friends until Carol died in a plane crash, William atteded her funeral, in 1942.
I am ending this evening with the Clark Gable, Jean Harlow, Myrna Loy, and James Stewart film, Wife versus Secretary.
There is a double link to the last film, at the time of their deaths, Caorle Lombard was married to Clark Gable, and Jean Harlow was married to William Powell. Jean was the original "blonde bombshell.
We're not dressing
I shall be honest, this film would have been almost impossible for me to enjoy. A Bing Crosby musical, is one of my least favourite movies, which is why I didn't enjoy the "Road" series, though I can watch Bob Hope films for hours.
I like the comedy of George Burns, and his wife Gracie Allan is a very good singer, all told, I am not a fan of musicals.
Hands across the table
I shall watch "Hands across the table" with Carole Lombard, Fred MacMurray, and silent icon Marie Provost tonight, this is more like a film I could enjoy. I saw Fred in the classic Film Noir, Double Indemnity, with Barbara Stanwyck a few months ago.
This gun for hire
After the glamour and romance of Myrna Loy, Carole Lombard, and Jean Harlow, tonight's addition is the Alan Ladd and Veronica Lake classic, This gun for hire.
China seas
I am ending the evening by watching the Clark Gable - Jean Harlow film, China seas. The lady in the centre is Rosalind Russell, this is the first film with her in I will have seen
After the Thin Man

.jpg)








No comments:
Post a Comment