Don't be fooled
SCAMBUSTER
Scams
Last night was another failed attempt to scam me, Amira jewellery, a company I never heard of, that doesn't mean a lot. Texted me on Twitter to say I had won a BMW as a prize for posts on their Facebook page.
They could be honest, but I go by the rule of "It's better to be safe than sorry." Besides what would I do with a new BMW, I can't drive, I am a disabled pensioner, and struggling to pay my bills. The last thing I need is a petrol guzzling car.
This may appear far-fetched, but it is far from the weirdest tale I was told 🤣🤣.
Years ago, I had a series of scam attempts put to me.
Several times I was told I'd won a lottery I didn't know about in the USA. I was told a Mininster had told his parishoners to help the poor, how did they know me, I never mention finanaces online, that is a 👎👎, as soon as people ask about my money, I block them.
There is the sugar momma, a lady claiming to be so rich, she feels she needs to help those less well off. The best is I was told I appeared in three ladies dreams.
One scam I tell freinds about is the Evan Kate scam.
The usual approach goes like this, you'll get a text along the lines of my father has just died, and I have taken over his business. The next phase is they will send you some photos they "claim" are from their factories. You can't prove they aren't, and they can't prove they are from their factories. The images could just as easily be downloaded from any page online. The stage at which I didn't get passed is when they ask, what would you do with $20,000?
At this point, the next stage would have been to ask for bank details.
I could have been wrong, I don't think I was, I have seen many pages with the name Evan Kate attached in some form, including one attached to Pamela Olsted aka Clara Kent, who took me for $1,0000 pretnding to be in love with me. PO has a police record for identity theft in the USA. At the time I saw her name attached to Evan Kate I wasn't sure what to think, as I knew Evan Kate to be a scam.

No comments:
Post a Comment