No Royal Air Force bases in Europe
Royal Air Force
The dark afternoon reminds me of my time serving in Germany, during the late 1970's, when N.A.T.O. was on alert after the arrest of the Red Army Faction.
Being in the photographic trade, I went to work in the dark, I worked in a dark room, and went back to the block in the dark, if I was fortunate I saw daylight when I had my dinner. On the weekends, it was so cold and dark, we did nothing.
I can understand why Scandanavia has such a high suicide rate, it was bad enough for a few months, but to live all year in the dark.
The concept of N.A.T.O. was to protect Europe from an attack from Russia, back in the 1960's that was a threat, it hasn't been since the late 80's.
The threat these days is from the Middle East.
The closest base to Europe is in Cyprus.
N.A,T,O. has always been only the UK and the USA.

No comments:
Post a Comment