What were they thinking?
Sean Connery
Watching YouTube, I am amazed at the decisons some directors consider. The most recent concerns who they producers of James Bond considered. When Sean Connery stepped out of the role, I think most people, other than George Lazenby, think the choice of George Lazenby was possibly the worst choice made. He had no acting ability, and he is Australian, I have nothing against Australia. After all, Mel Gibson, Ray Barrett, and James Laurenson are from there. Lazenby is quoted as saying he wished he had not turned down the role of Bond for a second film, everyone else is of the mind, if he had taken the role, it would have killed the franchise. You can survive one lousy film, but back-to-back failures is hard.
However, they did consider either Dick van Dyke or Burt Reynolds.
I stopped watching the films for the same reason Sean Connery stopped making them, they were becoming too gadget-orientated
No comments:
Post a Comment